Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving... Morgana Style

I have been thinking about how to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday that remarkably, is already here...  Tomorrow it will be Thanksgiving in the States; on the Opinion8d1 page, I have been thinking of somewhere to bring the celebration to the wall so we can all celebrate together. I don't want anyone to feel like they can’t participate.

Let's make the celebration all day and for the 'facebook' community; a community where we are able to celebrate without walls. Let’s share a piece of ourselves here in this forum today... with a twist.

I originally was thinking about doing something to 'Pay it Forward.' Then I thought about having something to do with Warm Fuzzies. And today it hit me. I would like everyone to contribute something writing of some sort that pretty much does both.

By sharing something of meaning to you, not only are you are sharing something about yourself, you are also possibly paying it forward in sharing that meaningful experience with someone else.

It can be a quote, a poem, or just a meaning thought, or prayer that you feel strongly about sharing... something that resonates with you, bringing joy and meaning to you. Please feel free to share the inspiration in came from as well!

I will begin. It’s a poem from Marianne Williamson that is often mistaken to have been written by Nelson Mandela, since it was also used in his Inaugural Speech. The poem is called, “Our Deepest Fear.”

I think this has touched me because there have been many times where I am in a public role. And like every other person in the world, sometimes I struggle with my feelings of inadequacy, often asking myself about my own worthiness, since I consider being in a public role a very important role. See regardless of who I am and the things I say, every day I will be in front of someone who may or may not know me, and every day, I will have choices to make, that will somehow affect them, whether its directly or indirectly. We see this more in situations of parents and children, but bosses and workers, friends, family, even one angry person at a grocery store has the ability to make or break someone’s day.

And when I doubt who I am, or my presence in the world, or perhaps I need to remember who I am, this poem will help in guiding me to the person I strive to be.



Our Deepest Fear


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson