Sunday, October 31, 2010

Operation: Black Hole

I read in a news story online that moms didn’t like the idea of children getting all that candy for Halloween.

Someone got the idea to ship it overseas to the guys in Iraq. What a great idea and apparently so because now it’s the thing to do. Candy donations are up in the tens of thousands and growing.

Say it with me…Awwwww wasn’t that nice?

So I have a question.

If it’s not ok for the kids to get the candy, then why are we shipping it to the servicemen? I mean if it’s bad for teeth, it’s bad for teeth, right? And I don’t think these guys exactly have Dr. Warner, DDS handy, now do they?

Well reading on, I guess someone else asked that same question too because the answer was right in the article. Someone asked, “hey, if it’s bad for the kids, isn’t it bad for the servicemen, too?”

Seriously, like you had to ask? And yet, right there in the article… was the answer …

Oh yea, we give it to the Iraqi children.

DUH?!
Is this a new form of weapons of mass destruction??...    on teeth?