Friday, July 30, 2010

Too Sexy for my Face...Book?

So what is the deal with all of these FaceBook profile poses? I mean, is that how you really want the world to see you? Hips contorted, hands on hips, breasts sticking out, lips all pursed, looking all (perception is subjective) hot. Yea, I kinda don't get it.

I want people see see me for who I am... not who I am projecting myself to be.

ok, ok I know that must sound kind of strange coming from someone who doesn't even have a profile photo. I am a very private person with a very public job, and it's hard sometimes to separate the two but it keeps my home life very separate from my work life. But this profile thing is something different.

If we pose a 'real' photo, then others look at us and think, well that person is plain 'ol ... and if we pose all sexy and hot, then we are better than our regular selves?

I dont think so.

My picture is no where near a projection of who I am. For me, it's a mask. But are all those profile pictures out there masks? If so, why? What are you afraid of? Someone might actually get to know the real you?

So sexier? No. More insecure? Maybe. Conceited? lol - depends. Do you actually think that you look good like that? Or were you trying to look better?