Friday, January 21, 2011

What the Hell is a Normal Post?

The other day, I was reading some random blog note about "driving traffic to your blog."

Of course, out of interest I read it. I have a blog. I like writing. It's rather therapeutic and having stalkers is just adding frosting to the cake. Oh and Thanks stalkers.

So this article said that if you want to keep people reading your blog that you have to write a KILLER article every week or two. And while you are waiting for that KILLER article to come, you just write a normal post.

This got me thinking. (ok hold the phone. For those of you new stalkers, "thinking" is a word that is sort of like a red flag... Here is your chance to run... or go down the ever-winding staircase into the depths of my brain.) 

I don't think I could write a "normal" post if I wanted to. I am not sure if I even know what a normal post is. Is that something that maybe Jane Cleaver would write? Or maybe something by some spiritual guru?. Or maybe a post like Perez Hilton's?

I read all kinds of things on the internet. Some I would consider quite normal (ahem, boring) and some things might actually grab my attention, like other sarcasm or even better, a hot, sexy story about some bad boys. Yum. Bad boys grabbing me, passionately throwing me down on to the table, making love to me, right then and there. ooohh yea. That could work. Comedy and sex. THAT to me is normal

Or should I be writing a post about planting a garden and clipping coupons. Again boring. What about being cast in a major-market blockbuster movie alongside Angelina... even though we don't like her... Angelina, that is.. Maybe WE can steal Brad back for Jen and restore hope for all of us little people.


Besides someone has to save that freaky-family from having any more kids. And by having, I also mean obtaining any. She is just as bad as the Octo-mom. Why is it Angelina get a pass? But we deep-fry the balls of Jesse James and Tiger Woods. (altho that is probably the karma of their moms because of the names that she gave them.)


Or maybe I should write a post on car repairs or the latest electronic MUST-HAVE.

PU-lease.... people. Are we that bored with our lives that we have to turn to our electronics for pleasure... ? Ok rephrase to sometimes.



Well folks, I am sorry. I guess I am not normal because I can't think of a normal post to write. It seems I have writer's block on normal. Or I am celibate. Sadly, I can't answer yes to either one.


Forgive me?